FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Place: located on the map
- Story: not viewable on the map
- Event: with a start date and an end date they are also located on the map
Regardless of the type, content can include text, maps, event start and end dates, images, audio and video files.
- Login to the Map2App Site
- Click on “Login” in the top right corner
- Register with a Google or Facebook account
- … And start producing your own app!
If you need help on how to create categories or items, upload photos or other content watch the tutorial videos in the dedicated section. If you still have questions or concerns, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: If your first language is not English, set the default language as your first step.
- Android: You will receive an email with the link to install the app. Open the email directly from your smartphone and click on the link and then on the “Instal” button that will appear later. Keep in mind that the test expires after 7 days!
- iPhone with Facebook account: Open the Apple App Store and download the AppViewer app and log in with the same Facebook account you used in the Map2App backend. Click on “Download Data”.
- iPhone with Google account: Unfortunately, the test on iPhone mobile phones is only available to those who have a Facebook account. If you are logged in with Google, you can test your app on an Android phone or, if you don’t, download the android emulator on a PC and view the contents of your app.
- HTML5: Clicking on this section you will receive an email containing a link that will take you back to the demo version of your web app.
IMPORTANT: Testing the application before publishing is often a real lifesaver! Always test your app!
Here are the measures.
- Main image at Banner: Width 960 px; Height in proportion
- Main image full screen: Width 1000 px; Height: 2000 px
- Splash Screen: Width 1242 px; Height 2208 px
- Icon: Width 1024 px; Height 1024 px
- App Store: 2-15 days
- Android Market: 1-2 days
- Html5: 24 hours
- One Off Fee: pay for your app in one go. Enter how much items your app will have (minimum 50), the number of languages and for which platforms you want to publish. This is the price you will pay! Once the app has been published, you can edit/add/remove content (text, images, colours, logos, links, etc.). To republish the app you will only pay 62€ (fixed cost) + the cost of each item and/or language added.
- Small Plan: the cost of publishing the app is divided into a monthly fee with a minimum of 12 months. In this case your app can have a maximum of 150 items and 2 languages. If you break one of these limits you will automatically switch to the Big Plan. After the publication of the app it will be possible to modify/add/remove the contents (texts, images, colours, logos, links, etc.). To republish the app you will pay 62€ (fixed cost) + the cost of each item and/or language added.
- Big Plan: the cost of publishing the app is divided into a monthly fee with a minimum of 12 months. In this case your app can have a maximum of 1000 items and 7 languages. This subscription entitles you to 3 republications per year free of charge. Once these are finished, to republish the app you will pay 62€ (fixed cost) + the cost of each item and/or language added.
iPhone: Since January 2018, Apple has changed many of its guidelines and has required that the owner of the app’s content is also the owner of the developer account on which it is published. This means that you can no longer use our account, but you must open a new one in your name. We have prepared instructions to help you with this process.